The Speech Path Inc. is an independently owned speech-language pathology practice that provides a select range of personalized services to children, teens and adults in a professional setting. We focus on disorders affecting fluency, speech, language and auditory processing. Please check out our Services, Programs and Resources sections for more information.
Meet Carla Di Domenicantonio, Owner and Primary Care Provider
- Is registered with the College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists of Ontario
- With over 30 years of experience as a Speech Therapist has provided services to hundreds of children, teens and adults
- Is a graduate of the University of Toronto Master of Health Science program in Speech-Language Pathology
- Began her career at Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital where she worked with children and adults presenting with a variety of communication disorders
- Spent the majority of her career at the Chedoke site of Hamilton Health Sciences, formerly Chedoke-McMaster Hospitals, where she most recently held the title of Clinical Specialist in Stuttering and was Facilitator for the Preschool Communication Service and McMaster Children’s Hospital Liaison to the Hamilton Preschool Speech-Language Initiative
- Is excited to be in private practice full-time since 2006 which has allowed her to diversify her skills in order to serve a broader range of clients
- Is a Clinical Faculty member at the School of Communicative Sciences and Disorders, University of Western Ontario, where she trains and supervises graduate students in Speech-Language Pathology since 2011 within the context of an intensive stuttering therapy camp for children, teens and adults
- Has made presentations, presented posters and given workshops to speech-language pathologists at professional development events
- Co-authored the Analysis of Parent Child-Communication (1984) and contributed articles to newsletters and to the 2010 International Cluttering Association On-line Conference
- Has been interviewed on radio (CHML Hamilton & CBC Toronto) and television (CHCH; St. John, NB), and for newspaper (The Hamilton Spectator) and magazine articles (Today’s Parent, January 2002)
- a certified member of the Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (formerly Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, CASLPA); member of the Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists; and, an International Affiliate of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- a member of the Lidcombe Trainer’s Consortium
- the Canadian representative for the International Cluttering Association
- a Hanen® Certified Speech-Language Pathologist in the It Takes Two to Talk, Target Word and More Than Words Parent Programs
- fluent in French and able to provide some professional services in that language
- an avid learner and participates regularly in professional development activities
- Member of the CASLPA ad hoc Fluency Wait List Committee which produced a Report on Wait Time Benchmarks for Fluency (2008)
- Field tester for the Preferred Practice Guideline for Stuttering issued by the College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists of Ontario (March 2005)
- Vice President of Speakeasy Inc., Canada’s first self-help and mutual support group for adults who stutter (1988-2005)
Carla… welcomes the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your specific needs.
Contact us to arrange an appointment or to request additional information.